As POPSUGAR editors, we independently select and write about stuff we love and think you’ll like too. If you buy a product we have recommended, we may receive affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
Elliptical workouts are an effective, low-impact way to get your heart rate up while working on your mobility. You can pedal forward for a cardio workout, similar to running, but without the stress on your knees. A backpedaling elliptical workout can target your calves and hamstrings. And any elliptical workout will challenge you to keep your core stabilized. But there’s one challenge to taking on an elliptical workout: elliptical machines tend to live at the gym.
Ahead, we’ve listed the six best at-home elliptical machines — as rated by consumers like you — to help you bring the advantages of an elliptical workout into your home. Each with their own unique set of features, find one that meets your fitness goals.
- Best Beginner Elliptical: Sunny Health and Fitness Magnetic Elliptical
- Best Compact Elliptical: Bowflex Max Total 16
- Best Full-Size Elliptical: Sole E25
- Best Connected Elliptical: NordicTrack Commercial 14.9
- Best Customizable Elliptical: Schwinn 470
- Best Seated Elliptical: Cubii JR1